GARRYS WITTY WITTY forum
April 20, 2024, 08:32:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A experiment

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A experiment  (Read 1927 times)
GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:49:41 pm »

I use the 32 bit version of LinuxMint 10   
Ok thanks Schmoo, I was going to ask about that, I went to the LinixMint site, and there are so many versiones, I was not sure which one I should use,I guess it dose not matter that much, since it is a separate OS, but if it is unde windows, there might be different versions, for the various windows,..I was to tired to read everything they had to say on the LinuxMint site,...
... I have Windows Xp, on both computers,..from 2008, it is a service pack (professional) edition,...It was installed by a friend at the interenet cafe, so it has all his "permissions", license, etc....I assume it is legal,...but then I am not a lawyer, I don't usuully pay much attention to that stuff, and thats a different subject,
he did make me a installation CD,..so in case I "goof up", and it is the middle of the night,...I can re-install, ....This all came about, because every couple of days, I would show up with my laptop, , I could always get it to boot with DOS, but lost windows, several times,...and the laptop did not come with any installation disks,..it did have a way, to reinstall "online", but at the time I had no internet connection,  ...Then I also "bought" this computer from him, it is older, and he had the install CD, for windows, this computer. It was all trade, allthough he runs a internet cafe, he knew nothing about DOS, nor web design, and wanted to set up a web site, for his internet cafe,...so I helped him on that.
 Well sorry I really drifted off subject,...
I need to fix dinner, thanks again, see you later I hope,..
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum