GARRYS WITTY WITTY forum
March 28, 2024, 12:28:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Common web design mistakes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Common web design mistakes  (Read 659 times)
MichaelDumont

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:26:31 am »

Quality websites create a positive impression on the visitors.  Such websites get a higher amount of traffic and online business. These websites manage to create a very good initial impression with the help of appealing and user-friendly web designs. The time that you get to leave this impression is just a few seconds.

Those who are not an expert in web designing can approach a web design firm to get the needed web designing service

You should approach only an experienced web design firm to design your website. Lack of proper experience in web designing will create bad web designs that may tarnish your impression before the users.

Here a few common web design mistakes made that you have to avoid.

•   Websites which are slower are not appreciated by the visitors. Your website should download fast, or else the visitors won’t stay long and may go to the website of your competitor.
•   The layout of the webpage should not be cluttered and the navigation links should not be placed in scattered manner.  They should be placed in an organized way.
•   The web content should be free from typing and grammatical errors.  The content for the webpage should be placed in a proper format; neither too big, nor too small.  It can be broken down to paragraphs, with the needed bullet points and sub headings.
•   Give adequate importance to the white space on the web page. 
•   The colors which are used should be pleasing to the eye.
•   Don’t install any built in music arrangement which cannot be controlled by the visitor. The website should have buttons to control the music.
•   Avoid poor layouts that take away the beauty of the website.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 08:03:06 am »

Wlecome to the forum, MichaelDumont,
 I hope you also, contribute or paricipate in the forum, in more ways the just this advertisement,....
Those who are not an expert in web designing can approach a web design firm to get the needed web designing service .
(NOTE: the link did not show in the quote)
 But Thank you for posting this article too, it is good advice.
 These are good tips and advice, but not everyone can afford, nor cares to use a
commercial web design service, Which I would suggest useing a lot of caution, use any of them,...
 All though there are many ways to learn about web design, and later I will post some links to others, here is one that I used, and it is free, for those that want to learn to design their own sites:

http://webdesign.about.com/

It really is not that hard to design a good web site, and it dose not take that mch time.  But for those that a real busy and don't have the time, even a little,
 A web designer ,is a viable alternative.
 Also feel free to ask any questions here,...
Quality websites create a positive impression on the visitors.  Such websites get a higher amount of traffic and online business
    I don't completely agree on this, yes the quality is important, but what gets the higher traffic, is if the content is of interest,...and also those that can afford it they can get even the poorest designed sites, listed on top of the adds,...thus getting a high volume of traffic, which is the case in most commercial sites,...they get forced on us, thru their advertisements, (spam), but when one looks at them, there is absolutley nothing of interest, often they are advertiseing products, that are not even related to the keywords or subject in the search, and they are very poor examples of good design.
from Garry
P.S. A more direct link on building your own site:
http://webdesign.about.com/od/beforeyoustartawebsite/p/build_website.htm
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:49:21 pm by GarryRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:53:43 am »

Quality websites create a positive impression on the visitors.  Such websites get a higher amount of traffic and online business. These websites manage to create a very good initial impression with the help of appealing and user-friendly web designs. The time that you get to leave this impression is just a few seconds.

Those who are not an expert in web designing can approach a web design firm to get the needed web designing service
Michael, Note, I recently saw this question at yahoo answers, so I posted a link, to this post,..
Question at Yahoo
  Your site might be of help to him,...
from Garry

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum