GARRYS WITTY WITTY forum
January 24, 2022, 01:36:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Giveing up

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveing up  (Read 827 times)
Schmoo1980

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:38 pm »

Garry,

Honestly my math sucks as well. I too get tired of dealing with people WAY above my thought process. I like programming small things that make sense to me. I hope that maybe you will continue to post your programming stuff here on your own forum. I would like to be a part of that. I don't have much time but I do like to make little programs. My current project is similar to Unseen's VQB project. Its a simple to use GUI that you can create windows, buttons, etc with. Its basically will handle creating the items, as well as checking created items for errors or out of bounds values (numbers that will case the item to show up outside the window border), and it will also control the movement of items (such as clicking a button, resizing a window, etc). Its been on going and VERY slowly coming together. Anyways. I feel your frustration however I believe the enjoyment for programming comes from grasping all the knowledge that you currently have and use it until you can fully understand it. Then add one thing at a time. I have rewritten my GUI project like 12 times from scratch because I keep learning new ways to do things. I hope you don't give up and continue to post things up here.

As something that might be useful to others and fun for you to do I have an idea. You could create a few sprite sheets of various items. Tiles of ground textures, buildings, etc for use with games. Various sized tiles with more and less detail depending on what is needed. It should stay pretty general but I know that game developers are most often looking for graphics for games.

Good luck to ya and don't give up,

Schmoo
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum