GARRYS WITTY WITTY forum
March 28, 2024, 08:04:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Welcome To WITTY WITTY WHAT is that

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome To WITTY WITTY WHAT is that  (Read 893 times)
GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:07:43 am »

Recently a new member posted , and  I deleted the post. This is a copy of my explanation:
Welcome to the forum, however I deleted your post, it was to much  of just an advertisement, for commercial software, The interests here are more in open source software,..
 At this point if you wish to continue as a member and post that will be ok, But there is enough advertiseing in the footers , and these advertisers have have paid SMF for free, to place their adds,...
 I realize, perhaps I need to post some more clear guidlines, on this subject, and will.
 Simpley, there is no problem if your signature includes a link, to yours or another site, where perhaps your product is advertised, But the post should not be a advertisement, it could be a article on web design , or other topics,.
 If you have any questions I will be happy to try to explain more,...I am trying to keep this forum easy to post in and with a mininum of rules, and again you are still welcome, but  on the advertiseing, if it is repeated, or you are unwilling to cooperate, I would remove you as a member, on this note I suggest takeing more time on thinking about how you word anypost, if your signature includes a "advertiseing link" thank you from Garry
http://www.garryspages.webs.com
http://www.garryspaintings.webs.com 
As soon as I have a chance, I will write a more clear "guidlines" and rules topic,..
 I would hope that people can use better judgement on how they word their posts,..so as not to appear as a flat out advertisement,
 Also if I don't mantain "strict"  control over this, this forum would quicly be filled with advertisements, and spam, SMF for free, has a service for advertiseing, that is how these forums are "paid" for, so anyone wishing to advertise should contact them, about how to place your adds,and pay for the service.
 Any opensource (free) "software" is welcome ,to be announced and discussed,..
Also any non commercial  announcements, about community services, charitys,etc, will probabley be accepted, but after all said and done, I will delete anything I feel is inappropriate,...
 thank you for your cooperation,
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum