GARRYS WITTY WITTY forum
March 28, 2024, 07:53:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Depression

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Depression  (Read 496 times)
GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:19:00 pm »

Sometimes I get really depressed, as it seems the the world is just going down hill,..There are less "values" now a days,..the violence,..etc...I try not to think about these things to much, as they make me even more depressed.
 On the brighter side, sometimes there still are nice things going on,....
 I wonder often, if other people, feel the same,...?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Schmoo1980

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »

Hey Garry,

I would have to say I too have thought this recently. I would like to share something with you that my preacher told me. He said, "Look back on all of history. Throughout history the world has been in turmoil." I thought about that for a while and he's right. The world has always had its troubles. We agreed that 24/7/365 news coverage by the media may make it seem worse than it ever was however it only makes us more aware of things going on in other areas of the world. These things were going on before they received media coverage and will most likely continue. It was a humbling thought. Even in the first biblical times the world was in turmoil. Open a book on Greek history, Roman history, recent history (1700's-1900's), or even the bible. Any of these will show turmoil world wide.

Merely food for thought.

And yes I do worry greatly about it. I worry what the children coming up behind me will face and how they will handle it. Seeing the violence and attitudes of children, teens, and young adults these days worries me for the direction of this country and the world as a whole.

My practice is to, "Prepare for the worst and pray for the best. Let God deal with the rest."

Regards,
Schmoo
Report Spam   Logged
GarryRicketson
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:18:46 am »

Well this is true, and it dose seem like a never ending cycle,...My mother was manic depressive,...and I know there supposedly are medications, that are supposed to help, but she ended up shooting herself, while on the drugs the the doctors gave her, and probably also drinking,...
 Then as a "alcoholic" or X drunk, (but 25 years sober), and I also went thru a struggle with drugs,....any way I have chosen to stay away from the medications,etc,...Thanks to God, I am able to "cope" with it,...and to be honest even though it is in a turmoil all around me, or seems to be, most of the time, things for me a pretty stable, and peaceful,....also thanks to God,...yea and your right, I certainly can not change any of those things,...let God do what He will,...
 Alot of this stuff,this forum, my website,.. the qbasic forum, code (learning it ), drawing, my animations,..and even my work, are all things that help keep my mind off of the things going on in the rest of the world,..
 Anyway, again thanks for stopping in and posting,..
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum